Events & Training Workshops
Mapien offer a variety of events which we will list on this page as they are scheduled
We also offer a variety of tailored, in house training programs and workshops, as well as public training covering topics across all areas of People solutions.
Facilitated by expert practitioners with hands-on industry experience, our training courses combine technical knowledge and practical application, to provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of the subject matter.
Topics for in-house training
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Core performance counselling skills
- Effective disciplinary action
- Employment law essentials
- Fair work basics
- Handling workplace grievance
- Making enterprise agreements
- Negotiation essentials
- Managing ill or injured employees
- Workplace discrimination & bullying
- Workplace investigations skills
- Work health & safety legislation – the fundamentals
- Art of HR policy writing
- Behavioural interviewing
- Crucial skills for contact officers
- Early conflict resolution
- Practical understanding of HR functions
- Strategic remuneration & rewards
- Tips for tackling tough conversations
- Trusted Leader Program
- Growth for resilience
For further information, please contact us and one of our Mapien Workplace Strategists will be in touch within 24 hours.
Join our Webinar: Workplaces in 2021 - Getting it right! | Wednesday 9th December
Join our panel of experts as they discuss how to get the right balance between employee productivity, performance and wellbeing in 2021.
Mapien Director, Nadia Taylor will facilitate a panel discussion with experts in their field – Blake Redding, Sarah Pettit and John McKenzie as they provide some practical tips on how to ensure a healthy and productive workplace and discuss whether we should revert back to ‘normal’ or shape the ‘new normal’?
Our panel of experts will cover:
- Employment landscape in 2021
- Workforce planning
- Successfully managing a hybrid workforce
- Keeping employees healthy, engaged and productive
- Budget and migration program planning.
Date: Wednesday 9 December 2020 | Time: 11.30am (AEDT) | Via Zoom webinar
Trusted Leader 2021
Mapien’s Trusted Leader Program provides individuals & organisations with the knowledge, strategies & techniques to effectively lead people.
Our award winning Trusted Leader Program has been designed to provide individuals and organisations with the knowledge, practical strategies and techniques to effectively lead people. Based on the Full range leadership model, this program will help you to understand leadership styles and behaviours to develop core leadership, communications and coaching skills.
WINNER OF THE 2015 AUSTRALIAN LEARNING IMPACT AWARDS (ALIA)
Program modules and workshop objectives
This program consists of five, one day modules that are completed over a 5 month period. The program will address the various concepts, skills and behaviours associated with effective leadership for new and developing managers.
At the end of the Trusted Leader Program you will be able to:
- Better engage, align and empower staff
- Set and achieve operational goals
- Develop effective coaching communication skills
- Develop influencing and negotiating skills
- Identify the dimensions of Transactional Leadership relevant to the workplace
- Develop effective techniques to enhance Transformational Leadership capability
- Learn and practice skills for leading with emotions
- 10% of measurable individual and team performance within an organisation is influenced by transformational and transactional leadership behaviours
- Transformational leaders shape employee perceptions – a leader’s score on the MLQ360+ can impact up to 25% of their employees’ selfrated effectiveness on the job
- 50% of an employee’s discretionary effort on the job can be determined by the right combination of transformational and transactional leadership behaviours
“Leadership is learnable. In fact, based on research only 30% of leadership ability can be attributed to inherited traits such as intelligence, the other 70% can be developed.” Professor Avolio (Director of Gallup Leadership) .
Presented by: Lisa Paton, Associate Director
- Module 1 | Wed 10th February 2021 | 9am-4pm
- Module 2 | Wed 3rd March 2021 | 9am-4pm
- Module 3 | Wed 24th March 2021 | 9am-4pm
- Module 4 | Wed 21st April 2021 | 9am-4pm
- Module 5 | Wed 12th May 2021 | 9am-4pm
Course Price: $3,900.00 (5 days over 5 months)
Location: Mapien | Level 10, 340 Adelaide Street, Brisbane
Included: Course Notes | Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.